Friday, May 4, 2012

Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day -- How to Save Money in May


May is in the air! As a child, the month of May was my favorite because I knew the end of school was near. I still cherish it since, for my family, it marks the beginning of summer and taking a small break from work.
There are three big events going on this month: Cinco de Mayo, Mother's day and Memorial Day weekend. With this in mind, I want to share the best money-saving options.
Cinco de Mayo is Saturday and you'll see supermarkets having sales around products like salsa, tortilla chips, canned refried beans, frozen Mexican entrees & snacks and the like.
May is better known for Mother’s Day. You'll see more sales ad special promotions ranging from greeting cards, flower bouquets, perfume gift sets, jewelry and even small kitchen appliances. Now, please listen to me: Never give mom one of those kitchen appliances unless she specifically asked for it! Trust me on that one.
Right before the end of month we celebrate the unofficial start of summer with a gathering of friends during Memorial Day weekend.

This is the time when you'll start seeing sales for grills, outdoor furniture, charcoal, and our favorite BBQ dishes and fixings. We should start seeing great prices on seasonal produce like corn on the cob, avocados, asparagus and vidalia onions!

0 comments

Post a Comment